The Advantage Planet program has officially ended as of December 31, 2019. This includes all former Advantage Power Pricing and Peaksaver customers.
- If you have a Peaksaver or Energate thermostat that was provided to you through one of these programs your thermostat will continue to function and may be set manually directly on your thermostat.
- You will no longer be able to access the program portal(s) to adjust thermostat settings remotely. Customer support for your thermostat has also been discontinued.
- If you were a Tantalus (formally Energate) portal customer, you will no longer have your power consumption adjusted to reduce your costs according to current electricity prices.
- The Peaksaver program ended Sept 2017. Two other programs were introduced to extend the Peaksaver thermostat remote capability a little longer, including the Advantage Planet program and Advantage Power Pricing pilot program. These new programs included new smart thermostat customers using the Energate thermostats.
- Both the Advantage Planet and Advantage Power Pricing pilot programs ended on December 31, 2019, however the database allowed users to control their thermostats for most of the first quarter of 2020.
If you are an Enbridge Gas customer, you may qualify for a $75 instant discount towards a new smart thermostat that is valid at the time of purchase. The discount is available until December 31, 2021 and includes several leading thermostat brands, allowing you to control your thermostat from anywhere – on your phone, 平板电脑, laptop or desktop.